Experience Level :Executive
Total Years Experience :5 to 10 years
We are seeking applicants for the position of Project Engineer Intern / CO-OP. The ideal candidate is someone who is organized and possesses strong time management skills. This position works with project engineers, project managers, and estimators in all stages of take-off, bidding, value engineering, construction pre-planning, construction administration, including coordinating with management, clients, consultants, engineers, municipalities, and subcontractors related to daily business operations.
As an intern, you will be introduced to a variety of project management and field activities as well as estimating in order to develop your understanding of construction. You can expect to spend time learning and working on shop drawings, submittals, schedules, take-offs, pay requests, contract changes, job costing, and project documentation. This position is responsible for assisting in project management including, safety, contract administration, budget compliance, field operations oversight, and maintaining healthy owner/agency relations.
Project Engineering Responsibilities
- Assisting with the management of agency/owner contract documents, changes, submittals, etc.
- Assisting with the management of subcontractor scope and contract changes.
- Assisting with the management of construction materials and delivery methods.
- Assisting with the management of costs and forecasting project “costs to complete.”
- Assisting with the management of project tasks so that all can be effectively executed, according to schedule and within budget.
- Review drawings, documents and submittals for document and code compliance.
- Maintain, organize and archive all project related documents.
- Work with a diverse team to estimate, schedule, and build heavy civil construction projects.
- Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by supervisors; review proposals, specifications and drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
- Supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
- Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations.
- Maintain records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
- Assist with the investigation of problems and/or reported incidents; identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
- Review plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Strengths
- Ability to learn heavy civil practices such as grading and paving.
- Ability to work within and comply with proposal/bidding time constraints/deadlines, individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn to produce and maintain a project schedule using Primavera, SureTrak, Microsoft Scheduler or other software.
- Ability to learn AGTEK and AutoCAD software.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to gain solid leadership, supervisory, communication, decision making and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong work ethic – highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Thrive in fast paced, fun, competitive work environment.
- Attention to detail while productively meeting goals is a must.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering management, civil engineering, related degree, or equivalent experience in a construction-related position
- This is a temporary, fulltime, internship position.
- Company provides pre-employment drug screening
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Compensation DOE
- Most of the employee’s working hours are spent in an office environment
- Work assignments involve a high degree of concentration. There may be moderate physical work in the handling of supplies, files, computer equipment, etc.
- Physical requirements include the following:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, finger, grasp, write, and perform repetitive motions.
- Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects with the human body.
- Hearing and speaking ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with another individual (or groups of individuals) in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability sufficient to read and produce printed material and information displayed on a computer screen.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Construction is an equal opportunity employer
Independent Construction – 30+ days ago – save job – report job – original jobIf you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.Apply NowApply NowSave this job
Project Intern jobs in CaliforniaJobs at Independent Construction in CaliforniaProject Intern salaries in CaliforniaCompany InfoFollowGet job updates from Independent ConstructionIndependent Construction8 reviewsIndependent Construction owns one of the largest dirt moving fleets in the United States which makes it possible to complete a multitude …Let employers find youThousands of employers search for candidates on IndeedUpload your resume
© 2019 IndeedCookies, Privacy and TermsLet Employers Find YouUpload Your Resume
- Address: Colinas del Urubó, Bolivia
- Text Area Field: 9am-6pm
- Gender: Female
- Qualifications: Certificate, Diploma